Homestay at Macarthur
Macarthur Anglican School provides homestay accommodation for all international students who attend without their parents. Students who enrol and live with their parents in Australia should live within 20 minutes of the School on major bus routes.
Homestay is co-ordinated by Mrs Linda Ebeling. Mrs Ebeling oversees all homestay accommodation and regularly visits the families who are hosting students.
Macarthur provides guardianship for students who are not living with their parents. When an offer is made and a student accepts the offer, the School provides a CAAW (Education Provider's Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation/ Welfare Arrangements) document that satisfies the requirements of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for welfare arrangements for the student.
Homestay accommodation provided by Macarthur has the following key features
- All inclusive - Meals 7 days a week, private room, internet and laundry
- Close to school transport (bus passes are available and fees apply)
- Supportive families who look after the students
- All accommodation is monitored by Macarthur Anglican School staff. This provides a very personalised service
- Students live with local families in homestay accommodation which improves their English development